Thursday, December 9, 2010

Useful concept : Fallacies

         I felt that the concept of fallacies was really useful. Every single person in this world would have used a fallacy once in his or her lifetime. The statement that I used is a fallacy in itself. When i said "every singe" I was referring to every single human being in this world, but when you look at it, babies are human beings who still have not even started speaking. So there is no possible way they can come up fallacious statements / arguments. So, to re-word that sentence, most of the people have used fallacious arguments sometime in their lives. This is a really important concept to understand because one can easily get convinced with other's conclusion, especially when they are not providing enough or credible evidence.
           In addition, the words the use to form the argument really shapes its meaning. Being a business major, it is very important for me to understand the fallacies that is being used against me. After understand in depth about fallacies, I can deal with fallacies and question them back if they do try to persuade me with a fallacious argument / statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment