Monday, December 6, 2010

What I have learned :

I have learned a lot over the semester. I got myself familiarized with a lot of concepts / skills such as, fallacies, leaderships, facilitating others, reasoning, and group work. Over the course of this semester, I learned how frequently people use fallacies in their argument to convince other people. Another interesting concept that I can relate to the real word is how we reason with others, using various types and methods of reasoning to make our argument strong and valid.
Apart from textbook concepts, I learned how to work with a group, communicate with them (mostly through e-mail and texts), direct a small group and how to take the initiative. It was a very tough challenge for me to help and talk with others via e-mail, but the way this class had been designed has helped me improve my communicating skills. I also learned key information relating to managing a small group. the facilitation project was a really good project as it helped me act and improvise according to the situation.
There were a lot of other concepts that I learned, but I felt that these were the important ones that will help me in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with many things you said that you learned this semester. There were many times this semester that communication was the most important part about getting work done especially for our group assignments. Whether it was through texting or emailing each other. I have to agree with your last sentence especially because I think that the things I remember most about this class and what I learned in this class will most likely help me in the future. When I communicate with people I am familiar with or even unfamiliar with. Also when I have discussions or disagreements with someone I will be able to argue effectively. P.S. I like your blog’s tagline: Smile, It Increases Your Face Value :) Very true!

    ReplyDelete